Friday, May 15, 2009

I said maybe...

you're gunna be the one that saves me...

Today I witnessed the power of music at it's beautiful best. I was sitting in the Curtin tav with some of my closest friends, chatting and laughing away when suddenly, Wonderwall by Oasis started playing. There was just complete silence as the first few chords came through the speakers above our heads. And then, just as soon as it started, the silence was broken by quiet hum of voices, all singing in unison. Everybody in the whole building was singing along.

cause after all, you're my wonderwall...

Everyone at our table just looked at each other, and we all simply watched each other sing. All I could do, as I sat there and sung along, was to think about all the memories that came with that beautiful song. It was just one of those moments in life that sends shivers down your spine. That, although the moment only lasted a matter of minutes, it seemed to last a lifetime. It's a moment I wont soon forget.

4 comments:

  1. omggg i love wonderwall. u should play in on ur guitar and we will have a group singing session of that song and only that song

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha we so should, mind you I'm not very good at playing it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea, cindy. i agree!
    imagine doing it drunk.
    then i can blame the alcohol for my horrible singing :P

    ReplyDelete