Sunday, May 24, 2009

Always next year.

Well, it's 2:12am on sunday morning, it's ten degrees, and I've just watched my beloved Chennai Super Kings go down to the Bangalore in the semi-final. It's a hard loss to swallow, because, not only did we not make the final, but I really, really hate the Royal Challengers.

It's been a good year for the IPL. Something about it made it much more exciting than IPL 2008. Whether it is the new scenery, new influx of exciting and inventive players or just the quality of the cricket, I'm not entirely certain. I do, however, know that I am up in the wee hours of the morning following my team to the end.

Unfortunately, the CSK couldn't quite pull it off tonight, but as they say, there's always next year.                              

(Image courtesy cricinfo.com)                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment