Wednesday, February 10, 2010

LA X

Unfortunately, every great story has to come to an end. In my opinion, Lost is one of the greatest stories ever told. And tonight, the final chapter of this great story begins. Another step closer to the end of an era.

For me, it is probably the bitterest, sweetest moment conceivable. Lost has been a significant part of my life for the best part of 6 years. It has helped me through some tough times, it gives me something to look forward to when things are difficult, and it has given me hours upon hours of pure enjoyment and happiness. The bitterness comes from the fact that in 18 episodes time, the final ever Lost will air, and then what will I have to look forward to?

The sweetness comes from the fact that I know, the final season will be truly awesome, powerful, epic. I know the writers will have many vicious curve-balls to throw at us fans, and many fearsome twists and turns and cliffhangers. And I can't wait to find out what happens to Jack and co. in the end! Boy this is going to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride! 

Tonight, in about an hour and 15 minutes, is the season premier, and I am already nervous. God knows how I will be feeling in the moments leading up to and after the final episode. I will most definitely be laughing, or crying. Most probably both! And I'm sure I will have to write to express my feelings at those moments too. But for now, it's just nerves. 

But I guess it's too late to go back now. I am committed, almost to the point of [beyond] reason, to this show. I have been for almost a third of my life. It's time to let destiny run it's course...

I'll see you at LAX!

1 comment: